Privacy Notice of Togs for Dogs
I respect your privacy and am determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how I look after your personal data when you visit my website (regardless of where you visit it from).
Who I am
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how I collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you purchase a product or create an account.
This website is not intended for children and I do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice I may provide on specific occasions when I am collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why I am using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Togs For Dogs is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as "we" in this privacy notice). Our contact details are Togs for Dogs, Yew Tree Cottage, Near Orrest, Windermere LA23 1JT t: 01539 443343 e: email@example.com for all data matters.
Third-party links outside of our control
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and am not responsible for their privacy statements.
The Personal Data I Collect About You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office.
I may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which I have grouped together as follows:
Identity Data includes first name/last name/ username/marital status/ title.
Contact Data includes billing address/delivery address/email address/ telephone numbers.
I do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where I need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract I have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, I may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but I will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How I collect your Personal Data
I use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
· Directly. You may give me your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with me by post, phone, email or otherwise.
· This includes personal data you provide when you apply for our products
· Create an account on our website;
· Request marketing to be sent to you from Togs for Dogs.
How I use Your Personal Data
I will only use your personal data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I will use your personal data in the following circumstances when supplying you with products from Togs For Dogs:
Legitimate Interest this means in the interest of my business in conducting and managing my business to enable me to give you the best product and the most secure experience.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that I am subject to.
I may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what I think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how I decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You may receive marketing communications from me if you have requested information or purchased goods, and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. I will never release your contact information to any third party.
Where you opt out of receiving marketing messages from Togs For Dogs you will not receive marketing information.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, to supply an order.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Who I share Your Personal Data With
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes of fulfilling your order.
External Third Parties Service
Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
· Who provide IT and System Administration Services.
· Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK who provide Banking, Legal, Insurance And Accounting Services.
· HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the UK who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
· I require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
· I do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
Some of my external third parties are based outside the uk so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the uk.
Whenever I transfer your personal data out of the uk, I ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by implementing safeguards.
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, I limit access to your personal data to those agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on my instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, I consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which I process your personal data and whether I can achieve those purposes through other means, and By law I have to keep basic information about my customers (INCLUDING CONTACT, IDENTITY, FINANCIAL AND TRANSACTION DATA) FOR SIX YEARS AFTER THEY CEASE BEING CUSTOMERS FOR TAX PURPOSES.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your legal rights below for further information.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
· Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
· The right to request a copy of the personal data which I hold about you;
· The right to request that I correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
· The right to request that I provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable 9i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means);
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority)
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org bt:01539 443343
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take me longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you and keep you updated.
Changes to this notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on 16/04/2023
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data I hold about you is accurate and current.
Queries, requests or concerns
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and me, please in the first instance contact email@example.com t: 01539 443343
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England, UK